It's been a winter to remember, hasn't it? As best I can remember, it's been 20 years since we've had snow on the ground for so long and temperatures so bitter cold.
With yet another winter storm bearing down on Central Pennsylvania, Elizabethtown has again declared a snow emergency:
Based on the extended forecast, Elizabethtown Borough has declared a snow emergency
effective at 3 pm. on Sunday, March 2.
ln order to facilitate the movement of traffic and to combat the hazards of snow and ice on the
snow emergency routes, Elizabethtown Borough has declared a snow emergency.
During a snow emergency the following applies:
- Parking is prohibited on a snow emergency route
- The Elizabethtown Borough Police Department is hereby authorized to remove any vehicle parked along the snow emergency route and to transport the same to an impound facility designated by the Borough at the Vehicle owner’s expense.
- Penalties apply for violations.
The following are designated as snow emergency routes:
- College Avenue * between Market Street and Spruce Street
- High Street- entire length
- Market Street- entire length
- Spruce Street- between College Avenue and Willow Street
- Willow Street- between Spruce Street and Market Street
"Please keep in mind that Borough ordinance requires that snow and ice be removed from sidewalks within 12 hours after the end of any fall of snow, sleet, or freezing rain.
"For more information regarding a snow emergency, visit the Borough’s website. Thank you for your cooperation."
Post a Comment
Because of ongoing spam passed off as comments, I have instituted a policy of moderating all comments. I will receive an e-mail when you comment and will review to ensure they are appropriate. For the record, this is not an effort to censor anyone except spammers hawking offensive websites and inappropriate and unrelated content. I pledge to post all comments, regardless of whether they are critical of me and my writing or not.